From 1.7.1 to 1.7.x
Please follow these steps to upgrade your METDATA Monitor installation from version 1.7.1 to 1.7.x:
Please proceed directly in the METDATA Software as follows:
- Log in as user administrator.
- On the General Information page you will see that a new version is available.
- Click the View update button to go to the Maintenance -> System Update page.
- Click the Proceed button.
After a few seconds the new version will be downloaded, installed, and METDATA Monitor will be restarted.
From 1.6 to 1.7
Please follow these steps to upgrade your METDATA Monitor installation from version 1.6 to 1.7:
Uninstall old version:
- Stop the METDATA Monitor if it is running
(Windows: double click on the Stop METDATA Monitor icon)
(Linux: run the shutdown.sh script in the main directory of the old installation eg: /usr/local/METDATA Monitor/)
- Uninstall the METDATA Monitor (v1.6.1) from your system
(Windows: choose Start / Programs / METDATA Monitor / Uninstall METDATA Monitor)
(Linux: run the uninstall.sh script in the main directory of the old installation eg: /usr/local/METDATA Monitor/)
- Check the JAVA version installed on your system
(Windows: choose Start / Run, enter cmd and click the OK button, enter the “java -version” command to find out the version)
(Linux: start any terminal and enter the “java -version” command to find the version)
- You must have JAVA version 1.5.x installed; if you have an old JAVA version, please uninstall it from the system
(Windows: Control Panel / Add/Remove programs) and download and install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update xx from the Sun download page.
(Linux: ask yor system administrator to install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0
start any terminal window and try this procedure:
#echo $JAVA_HOME … to find the path where JAVA is installed
#rm -rf $JAVA_HOME … to remove JAVA from the system
… after that install the new JAVA)
Install new version:
- Download the new version of METDATA package (metdata-monitor-1.7.1-0-windows.jar, …linux.jar)
- Start installation of the new METDATA Monitor version (v1.7.1) by issuing command:
java -jar metdata-monitor-1.7.1-0-windows.jar
java -jar metdata-monitor-1.7.1-0-linux.jar
Solaris installation information:
NOTE: Because our Linux installation package contains the Firebird SQL installation for Linux distribution only, you need to uncheck the Firebird installation option on Solaris systems.
To ensure you will obtain all future upgrades/updates and to be notified about their availability, please configure Network Setup of your newly installed METDATA Monitor, and set proper HTTP proxy for your network connection. This will ensure availability and reliability of your upgrades in future in a seamless way.