This job gives an opportunity to:
Expressed in one sentence – IBL searches for a developer with sufficient experience to develop a complete web site with dynamic content – select appropriate technologies, encode graphical artwork design into HTML / CSS or web components, implement back-end connections etc. This job gives you freedom in developing the application based on your design but challenges your responsibility to integrate it with parts developed by other project team members.
- Develop back-end based on NodeJS / TypeScript / NestJS
- Implement form-based web applications with client side validation
- Implement graphical visualization of weather or climate information
- Help us with selection of appropriate web technologies and frameworks
- Collaborate with people from other teams, with UI designers and with our customers
We are looking for people with:
- Professional experience with development of single-page web applications (both front-end and back-end) at least 1 year
- Advanced experience with AJAX-based content delivery from external web services (JSON RPC, REST, SOAP or others)
- Good knowledge of HTML5 new tags and technologies like video, canvas, web storage, drag & drop, geolocation, web socket communication
- Good knowledge of HTML / CSS and experience with resolution of incompatibility problems in various web browsers
- Experience with responsive design (Material), basic graphics manipulation, fonts, icons
- Knowledge of some modern client-side web frameworks (e.g. Angular, Angular JS, React, Vue, …) and libraries (e.g. RxJS, NgRx, LeafletJS) and willing to learn new ones
- Ability to solve web security issues, like authentication and authorization, XSS, CSRF, code injection, double form submission
- Knowledge of tools related to full-stack web development – package managers, module loaders, transpilers, polyfills, CSS / JS preprocessors, minifiers (for example Yarn, NPM, Angular CLI, NX, Webpack, SASS / SCSS, etc…)
- Working experience with git (or other source control system like SVN, CVS, TFS)
- Reading/writing skills in English
Because we support several web applications built with a range of technologies we value experience with any of the following:
- SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Geospatial (GIS) formats and protocols (KML, WMS, WCS, WFS)
- Java web development frameworks (Java SE, Java EE, EJB, Hibernate, JSP, JSF)
- Data formats and processing (XML, JSON, XSLD)
- Scripting languages (Python, PHP)
- Configuration of Web Servers (NGINX, Apache, Glassfish, Tomcat, IIS, etc.)
- Graphics design and use of related tools.
- Development of Rich Internet Applications in Adobe Flex and ActionScript.
(Please note this is not exclusion list, just list of what you can meet with at IBL at the moment)
In the future we look to many technological horizons – if you know these or if even just want to know them – you may be the right person for us:
- Development of applications for mobile or tablet devices.
- Development of web portals based on open source frameworks such Liferay.
- Optimization of Web sites for mobile devices.
- Test automation.