In IBL you will be helping us shape our automated suite of user interface (UI) and integration tests using the Squish test automation framework and Python programming language. Your responsibilities will be:
- Implementing test scenarios
- Maintaining and improving the test automation suite
- Working with developers and product experts on test scenario design
- Coaching team members on automation testing best practices
- Documenting automated test scenarios as human readable text (for test reports)
The position is targeted towards experienced engineers who could bring their existing skills in test automation into our company.
- Solid programming skills
- Python 3
- Systematic approach to work (you will be instrumental in managing a growing suite of tests)
- English language proficiency at intermediate level (writing)
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems and working with the command line shell
- Understanding basic OS concepts (processes, file management, TCP sockets)
- Open mind and willingness to learn new areas
- We are looking for applicants interested in long term employment
- Pre-existing experience with Squish framework or other UI test automation frameworks
- Testing Qt based applications
- Experience with continuous integration servers such as Bamboo or Gitlab CI/CD
- Automated testing of web applications
Technologies used at IBL
We use C++ & Python to write most of our desktop software but we also have projects in Java. We create web applications in TypeScript using frameworks like Angular, NestJS, Leaflet and Material UI. In web development we take advantage of reactive programming using RxJS and NgRx.
We are open to whatever platforms and technologies that will make us more efficient. We use plenty of infrastructure systems to make our work easier: version control systems (Git, GitLab), automated cross compiled builds, continuous integration (Atlassian Bamboo), issue tracking (Jira), Wiki (Confluence), and others.